Together We’re Heavy
If you’re Tim DeLaughter, you take a year and a half off to have a few kids, then round up the surviving members and add a pair of keyboardists, a percussionist, flautist, trumpeter, trombonist, French horn player, violist, cellist, Theremin player, electronics wizard and choir of 10.
Then you take your songs of love and joy and start playing gigs, with everybody wearing robes. As you develop a fan base, you sell homemade CDs of your demos that were recorded in three days. Next thing you know, those demos are officially released as your first album.
Two years and a sitcom guest appearance later, armed with a major record label deal, you head for the studio to record the follow-up — only this time you take three months. The result: a fantastic, surreal, cheerful and uplifting epic of symphonic proportions that, for all its mega logistics, still comes off sounding refreshingly simple.
1. Section 11 (A Long Day Continues/We Sound Amazed)
2. Section 12 (Hold Me Now)
3. Section 13 (Diamonds/Mild Devotion To Majesty)
4. Section 14 (Two Thousand Places)
5. Section 15 (Ensure Your Reservation)
6. Section 16 (One Man Show)
7. Section 17 (Suitcase Calling)
8. Section 18 (Everything Starts At The Seam)
9. Section 19 (When The Fool Becomes A King)
10. Section 20 (Together We’re Heavy)
Total time: 57.7 minutes